Clash of the Giants 3 was held on Sunday January 28, 2018. Ten coaches threw down Slams and Strikes in a battle of big boasts. Literally. Coaches were encouraged to hire an MVP Giant as part of their inducements.
Coach / Team / Tournament Points / Record / Fan Check / Total Injuries*
1) Don S. / Renton Rejects / 8 / 4-0 / 52 / 2 [Nameless Spawn]
2) Xanth S. / Male Corp. / 6 / 3-1 / 59 / 3 [Nameless Spawn]
3) Nathan / Mastudan / 4 / 2-2 / 50 / 2 [no Giant 😦 ]
4) Dean W. / Veer-myn / 4 / 2-2 / 48 / 1 [Karadon]
5) Lee M. / Sphyr / 4 / 2-2 / 23 / 3 [Karadon]
6) Andrew W. / Male Corp. / 4 / 2-2 / 20 / 0 [Big Mech]
7) Geoff B. / Neobots / 4 / 2-2 / 16 / 1 [Barricade]
8) Steve S. / Metabots / 4 / 2-2 / 13 / 0 [Barricade]
9) Daria W. / Martians / 2 / 1-3 / 39 / 2 [Big Mech]
10) Cael M. / Teratons / 0 / 0-4 / 22 / 5 [Dozer]
For ranking purposes, I prioritized; tournament points > record > fan checks. Fan checks are far more egalitarian in the second edition.
* Serious Injuries were only tracked to award The “Most Brutal” Trophy.
I also asked all coaches to track experience for their players. I was curious to see how far a player could advance in a tournament setting. No ability upgrades were granted between matches; the tracking was merely an experiment. Without the league consideration of serious injuries, Nathan had a Mastudan Jack earn 28 experience. He won the “Most Experienced” trophy as well as 3rd place.
Cael does not care about winning. He only cares about killing. Credit to him, he wanted the “Most Violent” trophy – he got the “Most Violent” trophy. He also came in last place and won the delicious BreadDoll.
Xanth is an intense coach and familiar with tournament loot. His trophy collection saw the addition of both “Most Popular” (previously called Fan favorite) and 2nd place.
The only Coach to conquer Xanth was his own father. Like Cronos devouring his children, Don took home the GIANT first place trophy.
And for bragging rights, the employees of Victory Comics selected Dean’s Karadon as the “Best Painted” Giant.
It’s important to note; Clash of the Giants 3 was the first BreadDoll sanctioned event. All coaches received Home and Visitor cards with the event title.
Additionally, Champion Don Squires will be receiving a set of BreadDoll dice. Congrats Dad!
Lastly, all coaches and their teams have been recorded. They are BreadDollers, and they have an epic charge:
COMPETE IN 30 BREADDOLL EVENTS WITH 30 DIFFERENT TEAMS.
This goal will take years to complete, and it will not go unrewarded. Any BreadDoll coach that accomplishes this lofty objective will get a painted team from the BreadDoll staff.
One down. Twenty nine to go.
At the end of the day, coaches with a parched throat traveled to the Space Bar for a pint. Or three. Cheers.